Call for Presenters: Nordic Systems Engineering Tour 2016
As co-founder and a member of the organizing committee I am proud to announce another NoSE tour:
For the fourth time the Nordic Systems Engineering Tour will be
on tour from May 23rd to 27th.
The tour is a one-day conference with four different venues. Tour speakers will present at all venues, local speakers only at a local event. Tour speakers have the opportunity to give a talk in four different countries to a large audience.
The tour starts in Helsinki (23rd), then Stockholm (24th), Copenhagen (25th), and Hamburg (26th), and finally Warsaw (27th).
The NoSE Tour is organized by the four local chapters of INCOSE: Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, and Poland. It is a non-commerical event organized from the systems engineering community.
We are looking for tour and local speakers!
The objective is to create a program that contains a balanced mix of talks addressing both general and local systems engineering challenges.
This year we have taken a wide approach of Systems Engineers and with a special focus on networking, where systems engineering from different domains can meet and learn from each other.
For the NOSE 2016 event we are looking for:
- Tour speakers. As a tour speaker you will have a 30-45 minutes slot for delivering your talk at each of the venues. I.e., a tour speaker is expected to deliver the talks at all four stops at the tour. The topic of this kind of talk should be of interest to the audience of all four venues.
- Local speaker. As a local speaker you will have a 30-45 minutes slot and can propose a shorter talk which will only be delivered at the venue of your choice. The topic may have a local or general interest.
Proposals for talks shall include
- a title,
- short abstract (max 500 words) to be used for the program,
- an estimated presentation time (between 30 and 45 minutes),
- optionally some sample slides or other additional material,
- and a bio of the presenter (50-100 words) including a photo to be used for the program.
Submit your proposals via EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=nose16. The program committee may contact you to ask for more information.
Information on how to obtain a EasyChair account is available at the referenced page.
Final date for submission is February 19th 2016. Proposals will be evaluated by the organizing committee. Acceptance notification will be sent out by March 4th 2016. Please note that the tour language is English.
The basic principle is that each speaker shall cover his own expenses during the tour, but the organizers can subsidize speakers on a case by case basis. Prospective speakers shall in their proposals indicate whether they request a subsidize as a condition for participation in the tour.
Don’t hesitate to contact the organizers if there are any questions regarding the CfP at email@example.com.
You find more information, for example about the last NoSE tours, on the NoSE homepage.